Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Bowl of Birthday Fun

This was the easiest and funnest card to make! I'm still giggling with pleasure over this one! The ice cream bowl is an SVG cut file called Frozen Treats SVG Cutting Template which can be found at MyGrafico. There are lots of other cute frozen treats included with this purchase. I used my Cricut and SCAL software to create the bowl card. I welded two of the bowls together in the SCAL program to create a card base. Then, I cut out the three scoops and the spoon. I used my cuttlebug and embossing folders to create texture on each of the scoops. Super cute design and very fast and easy. If you have a Cricut and SCAL, you definitely need this one!
Then, to top off my birthday card, I grabbed one of my favorite sets from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff called Sweet Stuff. I used the cherry image inside a word art circle that reads "Happy Birthday with a Cherry on Top!" I colored the cherries with my copics and then added some glossy accents. I really loved how this turned out and I especially love it when a project comes together this quickly because, honestly, it usually takes me FOREVER to design a project!
You really need the Sweet Stuff digital stamp set and as luck would have it, it's on sale right now along with all the other sets in LSS. Today through March 14th, Lindsay's got everything in the store on sale at 30% off! And if that doesn't make you feel lucky enough, run on over to her blog where you can get really lucky with a digital freebie! Oh, and don't forget to check out what the LSS design team has created this week or the great SVG cut files over at MyGrafico!
Top o' the morn' to you all!
Project Recipe
Paper: (all papers by SU) Bermuda Bay Textured CS, Pretty in Pink CS, Chocolate Chip CS, Very Vanilla CS, Real Red CS  (white paper for the digi stamp is PTI)
Tools: Cricut, SCAL, cuttlebug, embossing folders (Swiss Dots, Swirls, Tiny Bubbles), SU 1 3/8 circle punch, EK Success 1 1/4 circle punch, Glossy Accents, copic markers