Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday with Mom 2

We did it again! Mom and I teamed up to create a couple of cards based on last week's Stamptv video "Creating a Border with Nestabilities". We used different nestabilities on this and even different stamping techniques but I think we are sending our cards to the same person since we have a mutual friend with a birthday this week.
First up, look at the pretty card Mom created. Isn't the embossing beautiful on this?
The sentiment really takes center stage on this card even though it is offset. The border created by a Spellbinders nestability and a versamarker, followed by embossing emphasize the sentiment.The papers add to the soft effect of the embossing. Love it!
My card is dramatically different even though I used the same technique because I opted for the drama of black. I used an old Stampin Up set called Dream a Little for my hummingbird and I had seriously considered embossing the image (that was even before I had seen my mother's card), but chose instead to keep it a simple black. The sentiment is from the Verve Big Wish set. I used the Spellbinders Labels One Nestabilities dies for the border.
Stay tuned next week for another addition of Monday with Mom! Oh, and check out the Stamptv site...lots of inspiration there!

Project Recipe
Paper: SU Certainly Celery CS, Basic Gray Origins PP
Stamps: SU Dream a Little, Verve Big Wish
Tools: cuttlebug, Spellbinders Label One Nestabilities, copic black multiliner Viva Decor Hematite Glitter liner
Embellishments: PTI New Leaf Saddlestitched grosgrain ribbon, SU So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, prima flowers, Bazzill Imaginisce Desert Marigold Buttons and Blossoms, Basic Gray black brad