Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Piece of Cake

Our oldest son is getting married next year. I think his fiancee' has been planning the wedding since she was ten, lol! In any case, she is very organized and seems to know exactly what she wants. Good thing because I have zero interest in weddings beyond the vows. But, all the wedding talk did peak my interest in the beautiful wedding images at Sweet n Sassy. The wedding cake, in particular, fascinated me, probably because I wish I could decorate cakes. Since I can't (and have no time to master a new hobby), I grabbed the stamp and decorated it with my copics!
I bought an inexpensive photo album at the dollar store and replaced the front cover with this one I created using SNS Wedding Cake. The bride can then insert pictures of the wedding venue, cake samples, dresses, or decorations that she wants to refer to while making her plans. Or the photo album could be used just for notes, clippings, or receipts she doesn't want to lose.
By the way, I used the sketch at The Sweet Stop for my cover. And I couldn't resist making another tissue paper flower to hold my "love" sentiment. I'm so addicted to those flowers! I added stickles to the flowers and airbrushed the pearls. I did not get the pearls as "scarlet" as I wanted but they do look deeper IRL.
Let wedding mania begin! I'm ready...I think!
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Sweet Blush and Scarlet Jewel CS, SU Certainly Celery, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: SNS Wedding Cake, PTI Heartfelt Basics (sentiment)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder, SU Scallop Trim border punch, SU Scalloped Circle punch, EK Success 3/4 " circle punch, copic markers, airbrush kit and compressor, Ranger Stickles
Embellishments: Paper Studio self-adhesive pearls, PTI Scarlet Jewel Bitty Dot Satin Ribbon
Other: Dollar General photo album