Thursday, March 4, 2010

An Easter Parade

This started out as a can of peanuts, but you know I just couldn't bring myself to throw away a perfectly good container, so it got tucked away in a drawer until I came up with an idea for recycling it. A little Easter grass tucked inside the can and the chocolate bunny has a new home!
I did some paper piecing with the eggs which are part of the LSS Cute Easter set. I printed the eggs out on different patterned papers and then used my copics to add dimension to the swirls. Look! I even did some hand cutting (gasp!). I know it's just eggs, but "baby steps"! I made the tissue paper flowers all by myself by punching and scrunching. I love making those flowers.
Next up, I grabbed another image from the LSS Cute Easter set. This is an adorable Easter basket full of yummy eggs.

I colored this with my copics and prisma pencils. The sentiment is from a Close to My Heart egg stamp set that I've hardly ever used but thought it was really appropriate for the card. I just couldn't figure out how to design the card. Everything I tried seemed to look like every other card I've ever designed. Ever had those moments? So I gave up and went to Melissa Craig's Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge blog for the sketch for this card. This sketch really appealed to me and I was able to finish this up in a jiffy!
If you didn't come here from Lindsay's blog, be sure to stop on over there and see what digi delights she has for you and what freebies she might have on the blog today!Also, don't forget to visit the design team's blogs. Everybody's been super busy putting together some great projects with Lindsay's stamps.  It's definitely not too soon to be working on your Easter projects. Be sure to visit the Lindsay's Stamp Stuff shop to grab some digis for your projects. Easter will be here soon, though I don't know if the Easter bunny will be able to get in for a visit to all of you who have been buried under snow this winter.
Project Recipe
(can)
Paper: TAC Gentle Beginnings, PTI Bitty Dots Basics, SU Close to Cocoa CS
Tools: Fiskars paper crimper, SU Scalloped Circle Punch, copic markers
Embellishments: Michaels fringed ribbon, SU Stitched Felt Sweet Pea, Paper Studio brads
(card)
Paper: SU So Saffron, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise CS, PTI White CS, TAC Gentle Beginnings PP
Stamps: LSS Cute Easter Set, CTMH Easer Eggs (sentiment)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities dies, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, SU Eyelet Lace border punch, copic markers, prisma pencils
Embellishments: Paper Studio flowers, Imaginisce Ring Around the Rosies flower, SU pink corduroy brads, Basic Grey brad