Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monday with Mom

Yeah, I know it's really Tuesday, but school work and technical difficulties slowed me down! But I had to get this in even though it's a day late. Wait til you see! My mom and I have decided to coordinate a project once a week where we both follow the same tutorial or inspiration piece and then create something based on that. This week we watched a Gina K video on Stamptv that showed how to create a quilted look on cards.
My mom then dragged out her sewing machine and proceeded to create the cutest card with the Sew Happy Cocoa image from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.This turned out SEW perfect.
I just love all the great stitching on this. How did she keep everything so straight?
Okay, my sewing machine is still dusty because I cheated. I grabbed some paper that already looked paper quilted and used that for my project. I did absolutely no stitching, not even faux stitching.
I spent my time working with this great stamp that I just got from Susanna's Custom Art and Card Design. Of course, now I'm wishing I'd threaded that darn sewing machine!