Friday, July 31, 2009

2 Challenges and a Late Birthday

Lookie at me with all my birthday goodies!!! Actually, that's not all of them. I also got a handful of Hobby Lobby gift certificates! I've got some wonderful friends and family. My two best girlfriends took me out for lunch and a movie and then that evening my husband, parents, sister, oldest son and his girlfriend took me to eat at one of my favorite restaurants (that's why I'm now working out and back on an eating plan!). My birthday was actually a couple of weeks ago, but I've been busy enjoying everything and didn't take time to post, but it was an incredible birthday! Thanks to all who made it special!
Next up is a card I made for one of my dearest friends and co-workers who is moving this summer. I can't even begin to describe how lonely this makes me feel even though I'm hoping this will be a very good move for her. I used the challenge over at Digital Tuesday's which was to simplify. So, I printed out my image, which was a freebie from My Grafico, onto Ginak cardstock, colored it with copics, stamped a sentiment, and grabbed some scraps. Simple. I cased this card from one of the Digital Tuesday Design Team members who created a fabulous card with a very similar layout. Loved the look so much, I wanted to try to create something similar.
Finally, this was supposed to be a card using a Tuesday Morning sketch challenge for this week, but I stopped at the background "swoop" because I didn't want to cover my SU Circle Circus circles!!! I tried all kinds of things to add an image or embellishment of some sort so it would somewhat resemble the sketch, but I just couldn't bear to have those circles covered. So I used the Stampin' Up Modern Label punch and created a window in the bottom of my card and added a sentiment to the inside panel that would show through. Guess this'll have to do. Afterall, the sketch is just a jumping off point! Thanks, Melissa, for another great sketch.
Flower Card Recipe
Paper: GinaK White Pure Luxury CS, SU retired DSP
Stamps: My Grafico Cocoa Studios Vases and Flowers Digital stamps, PTI Heartfelt Basics (sentiment)
Ribbon: PTI dark chocolate satin ribbon
Accessories: SU eyelet border punch, copic markers, Ranger Ruby Slippers Glitz stickles

Circles Card Recipe
Paper: SU Melon Mambo textured CS, SU Whisper White CS
Stamps: SU Circle Circus, SU Starring You
Ribbon: SU Melon Mambo dotted ribbon
Accessories: SU Modern Label punch, SU Scalloped Circle, EK Success 3/4", 1", 13/8" circle punches