Thursday, July 16, 2009

Razzle Dazzled Magnolia

I want to crow I'm so excited about this post. First of all, I think I'm over the top in love with SU's Rich Razzleberry. Now I'm not all that much of a purple girl, but this color may have converted me. I love how Stampin' Up combined the Rich Razzleberry with Orchid Opulence, a color I thought I would never use, in this DSP Cottage Wall.
The next thing I just love about this card it that Magnolia. It just looks so awesome with a light edging of some purpley copic markers. I used two of the brand new super light copic markers BV0000 and G0000. You should see it IRL. It just pops off the card. You can get this beautiful image at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff for a $1. Be sure and get over there soon because Lindsay is running a special through the end of July: spend $5 and get a free stamp of your choice.
Oh, and I'm not through. Hang on tight! I told you there's a lot to love in this post. The sketch design for this card is from a brand new sketch challenge hosted by the creative Melissa Craig. And this week on Mel's Tuesday Morning Sketches, Lindsay is sponsoring the challenge and the prize is 10 (yes, ten) digital images from Lindsay's shop!!! The sketch is awesome and the prize is just incredible. I combined this sketch challenge with the Digital Tuesday Challenge which was to use 1 digital image, 2 designer papers, and 3 embellishments. I made my own embellishments with some cardstock and punches.
Okay, one last thing (I promise). Here's another goody for you. One of Lindsay's Design Team members has a freebie for you. It's not a flower, but it is something that loves flowers. So check out my sidebar for links to the design team or head over to Lindsay's blog The Frugal Crafter for links to the team and to give this super, generous lady a little appreciation!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Rich Razzleberry CS, Orchid Opulence CS, Always Artichoke CS, SU Cottage Wall DSP, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamp: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Magnolia #2 digital stamp
Accessories: various flower punches by Punch Craft and Stampin' Up, copic markers (BV0000, V09, V15, G0000, G20, YG95, Yg 91)