Thursday, July 23, 2009

Christmas Shopping in July

If you've been to Hobby Lobby this month, then you've witnessed the transformation from the summer garden scene to the winter wonderland! Incredible how they do that. One day I was looking at some patio furniture. The next day all that was replaced with Christmas trees. We're still experiencing triple digit temperatures, so I'm just not ready for the transition.
BUT this week's Digital Tuesday Challenge is Christmas in July and while I'm not ready for Christmas trees and snowmen just yet, I know it's time to start "the list". So with that in mind, I printed out a digital image of shopping bags from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff which I colored with my copics. Be sure to do a little shopping for yourselves and visit Lindsay's store this month. She's running a special all month: spend $5 in the store and get a free stamp of your choice and since it's digital, there's no waiting for days to recieve your images! Also, be sure to visit Lindsay's blog to check out what the rest of her design team is up to this week. Someone's got a darling little freebie to give away this week!
I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge to create the layout for this card. It was so hard to take this card seriously, so I just had a little fun with the whole thing. I counted up the number of days until Christmas so I could print out my "tongue-in-cheek" sentiment which I punched out with Stampin' Up's new modern label punch and matted with their new movers and shapers die. I embossed part of the card with the new cuttlebug herringbone embossing folder. I cut out an ornament with a Sizzix die. Now, who can I send into a panic with this card announcing that time is running short to get that Christmas shopping finished??? Merry Christmas, yall!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Wild Wasabi CS (retired), SU Real Red CS, Real Red DSP, DCWV Metallic Cardstack, DCWV Nana's Kitchen CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Shopping Bags
Ribbon: SU Real Red grosgrain ribbon
Accessories: SU Modern Label punch, SU Sizzix Movers and Shaper Die, Sizzix ornament die, Ranger Stickles, Cuttlebug Embossing folder (herringbone), Cuttlebug, copic markers (G0000, G21, G82, R0000, R46, N2)