Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tuesday's Challenge

No, I don't have the wrong day. I know it's really Sunday, but I was playing around up in the craft loft and remembered that there was a digital stamping challenge on Tuesdays that I had been meaning to check out (I know...a day late and a dollar short!), so I hopped on over to the Digital Tuesday Challenge blog to see what I'd missed this week. In the future, I'll try to be more timely.
Since the challenge for this week is "sweet birthdays", I knew I wanted to use this float stamp from Lindsay Stamp Stuff with my Liquid Applique again. This time I added a little bit of glitter to the wet applique before "puffing" it with a heat gun. After I finished the image, I was scanning around looking for a card design idea and about that time I got an email from Mel at Tuesday Morning Sketches! It was kismet! I used Mel's Tuesday sketch to complete my Digital Tuesday challenge! Hmmm...this could become a Tuesday routine (that is if I can actual get it done on a Tuesday!) Anywhoo, Mel is just starting her challenge blog, so if you're looking for a sketch challenge be sure to check it out or join me in combining the two challenges to see what we can come up with.
I've been zippin' it today. So, if this is your first time here today, be sure to check out my earlier post, too.
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Lemon Tart CS, PTI Agua Mist CS, SU Melon Mambo CS, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS, Paper Studio Paper Basics PP
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Ice Cream Float digital stamp, CC Designs Sugar Plums sentiments
Ribbon: PTI Agua Mist Satin Dots, PTI Raspberry Fizz grosgrain
Accessories: Marvy Uchida Liquid Applique, Doodlebug Sugar Coating Cupcake glitter, EK Success border punch, pinking shears, copic markers