Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dare U--Pink, Black and White

When I was in high school black and pink were my favorite colors to wear. In fact, my senior ring had a pink stone--not my birthstone or a stone with the school colors--pink. There is something so fun about combining black and pink, and so many ladies fashion stores incorporate one or both of these chic colors into their color schemes. It was a lot of fun to drag them out for the Dare U2 Digi Stamp Challenge this week.
I totally copied this card from Nicole Heady's blog today. PaperTreyInk is gearing up for another release so be sure to see Nicole's blog to check out the original design, plus take a look at all the goodies coming out this week. I love how clean and simple her design is (all her designs are like that), so I wanted to get that same feel with my card.
I grabbed those shopping bags (a digi stamp) from Lindsay's Shop, did a little paper piecing, a little coloring, and ta-da! finished. I added some glossy accents to the bag I colored to make it a shiny store bag--totally looks like something from Victoria's Secret. There's bound to be something naughty (or just expensive) in that bag.
Mind you, my shopping bags never look like these. I always end up with those horrible plastic bags, and they say Michaels, or JoAnn's, or Hobby Lobby on them!
Project Recipe
Paper: All papers from PTI--White, Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, True Black, Black & White Basics PP, Raspberry Fizz Mix PP
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Shopping Bags digital stamp
Ribbon: Ribbon FX (Hobby Lobby)
Accessories: Inkssentials Glossy Accents, copic markers