Monday, July 6, 2009

Have a "Cherry" Nice Day

I'm still playing with cherries today. This cute little digital image is from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. I have an earlier post with this image, but I wanted to try out my new RED Liquid Applique on these cherries. What I found was that I really liked them all glossy once the Liquid Applique had dried, but if I heat them with my embossing heat gun, it turned them PINK. Now I like pink but I already had a red color scheme going and the pink just wasn't going to work, so I printed out another set of cherries, filled them in with the Liquid Applique and let them dry--no heating.
I created this card for the DareU2DigiStamp challenge for this week. The challenge is to use embossing. My red background paper has the Cuttlebug embossed branches on it.
Well, triple digit temperatures AGAIN today, so I think I'll either go eat some ice cream or print out one of Lindsay's ice cream images...something to cool me down!
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Pure Poppy CS, PTI New Leaf CS, PTI Black & White Basics PP, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff 2 Cherries, PTI Handwritten Notes (sentiment)
Ribbon: PTI New Leaf Saddle Stitch, SU Real Red grosgrain
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug branches embossing folder, SU Large Oval punch, SU Scallop Oval Punch, SU 5 Petal Punch, Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities die, Paper Studio brad, copic markers, Marvy Uchida Red Liquid Applique