Thursday, July 9, 2009

2 More Cherries

I love this stuff! I've tried just plain cherry mix, but it just doesn't work for me. Has to be Cherry Pomeganate by Crystal Light. I drink a lot of this and a long time ago, I decided that the empty boxes would be good for something. I didn't know what, but I knew I could "make" something out of them. Now I have a HUGE collection of these empty boxes. My husband just looks at these boxes in the cabinet and shakes his head puzzled. (He's long since learned not to ask!)
I must be on cherry kick these days (is all that juice mix seeping into my brain?) because this is like the THIRD project I've done with these cherries!!!! Seriously, if you haven't gone to Lindsay's Stamp Stuff and picked up these 2 Cherries for a $1, you are really missing out. Feel silly only spending a buck, then be sure to shop around because Lindsay is running a special this whole month: spend $5 and get a free stamp! She's added some great new images--beautiful flowers. One day, when I get over my "cherry kick", I'm going to print those flowers out and have a ball coloring them with my copics, or my water colors, or maybe my pencils....
The hardest part of this whole project was getting the measurements right. And to be honest, that wasn't particularly hard. I covered the box with cardstock and gingham print paper. After printing out the cherries, I covered them with my red Liquid Applique and let them dry. You can heat set them, but I found out it turns a pinkish color when you do and I really wanted a nice bright, shiny red for this. The topper is a tag cut with my Cricut and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. I cut out some flowers with my cuttlebug and SU Floral Fusion Sizzlits die. Behind the flowers, I used Velcro to keep the top closed but allow for easy opening and closing. Then, I just added some ribbon to the top for a handle. This would be cute for a lot of purposes, but I thought about filling it with some crayons and a little memo pad and a few candies to give some bored child this summer. Remember, I have A LOT of these boxes, so it's likely you'll be seeing more of them!!!
Now, head over to Lindsay's blog and check out what the rest of the Design Team has done. And somebody, I'm not saying who, but somebody's got a FREEBIE for you!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Barely Banana CS, SU Green Galore CS, SU Real Red CS, Paper Studio The Basics Paper Pad PP, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff 2 Cherries digital stamp
Ribbon: PTI Pure Poppy Satin Dots
Accessories: Cuttlebug, SU Floral Fusion Sizzlit die, Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Cricut, Design Studio, Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge, Scor-PalPaper Studio red brad, Marvy Uchida red Liquid Applique, copic markers