Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School





Yep, it's that time of year again. Back to school in Texas. This is my 19th year to do this "back to school thing" as a teacher (not counting those years I was on the other side of the chalk board). I teach junior high, so that means instead of having just 20 to 25 kids in a class all day, I have over a hundred students during the day. I really like papercrafting gifts to give people, but it's hard to make something for a hundred plus people and not spend my entire pay check. So, I don't have anything but a smile for students on the first day. However, to lift the spirits of my fellow staff members, I decorated these little pencil boxes that I found on sale last spring at Walmart for a quarter. I was able to get 40 of these in the four different colors you see above. A little paper, a little cutting with my Cricut, a few embellishments and some embossing with the cuttlebug and a day later, I had 40 of these ready to go.
I filled each one with a pencil, a binder clip and some assorted candies. I used Papertrey Ink's Handwritten Notes stamp set to create a little note for the inside that reads "Have a great day!" and I signed each one. Hopefully, everyone (teachers, staff, and students) will have a great day today and another great year!
Project Recipe (some of the stuff, anyway):
Papers: SU Ridinghood Red CS (retired, CTMH Perfect Day PP, SU Orchid Opulence CS, SU Cottage Wall DSP, SU Not Quite Navy CS, SU Baja Breeze DSP (retired), SU Pumpkin Pie CS, SU Tangerine Tango DSP (retired), PTI White CS
Stamps: SU Sincere Salutations (good luck sentiment), Rubber Stampede Paw Print, PTI Handwritten notes (not shown)
Accessories: Cricut, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, SU 5-Petal Flower Punch, SU Eylet border punch, Making Memories Blossoms and Buttons flowers, K&Company flowers with brads