Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers

After my neon-bright card in the previous post, I decided to pull out some more calming colors. I'm getting geared up to go back to work (we start Monday and the kids come back the following Monday) and I decided to make a few sympathy cards for just in case. Things can get kinda busy at work and I don't always have the time to create sympathy cards as needed. So, this is one type of card it is definitely a good idea to make and have on hand in advance.
I used my branches cuttlebug embossing folder for the background layer. I just think it makes a perfect non-frilly card background. Love that texture. I even got to use up a little bit of some retire SU DSP. I sure have a lot of this stuff I need to use. I'm going to have to be on the lookout for a BIG project that requires retired Baja Breeze papers!
So there's my quiet, calm card made especially for a serious occasion, but don't think I won't be pulling out all the stops and sparkles again soon! So don't put away those sunglasses just yet!
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Very Vanilla, SU Old Olive CS, SU Close to Cocoa CS, SU Manchester DSP (retired)
Stamps: SU Thoughts and Prayers
Ribbon: PTI Very Vanilla grosgrain
Accessories: Cuttlebug, branches cuttlebug embossing folder, SU Markers, PTI Chamomille and Chai inks