Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Watering the Flowers

After 10 months of drought, I definitely know how valuable this little watering can is! This is a sweet little digital image from Cute Daisy May. The challenge this week on the Cute Daisy May Challenge Blog is "Floral Fantasy". Be sure to check out that challenge blog link. The design team did some cards that are over-the-top-drop-dead-gorgeous. There's a beautiful umbrella full of Flower Soft Flowers--scrumptious. And Michele Spera has some beautiful papers and flowers and rhinestones. Oh my! Just go look at all of them! They are really spectacular!
Now, back to my modest creation. Since my image doesn't have a lot of flowers, I punched out flowers with several different flower punches. I created a "vine" to join them with some green floss. I used some glittery cardstock from my DCWV Spring Glitter Mat Stack to add just a touch of shimmer here and there on the flowers. The layout for the card is the Splitcoast Card Sketch Challenge # 241. Now, I'm off to water some of my real plants before the heat kills them! Don't know who it'll get first though--me or the plants! Stay cool folks!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Pink Piroutte CS (retired), SU Sweet Nothings DSP (retired), SU Ridinghood Red CS (retired), DCWV Spring Glitter Mat Stack, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Cute Daisy May Sheet 51
Accessories: Martha Stewart Cosmo punch, Paper Studio flower punches, Imaginesce button brad, Paper Studio red and pink rhinestone brads, cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Circles nestabilities dies
, copic markers