Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cookie in a Box

Last school year I gave each of the staff members a cake in a can on their birthdays. This year I decided to make a cookie in a box (a mini pizza box to be exact). There are lots of tutorials out there for this box and probably Splitcoast is the best place to find the tutorial and examples. Inside my pizza box is a scrumptious, large Coffee House Cookie. I found the recipe on Lauren Meader's blog. I made sure I taste tested them before giving them to anyone (wink)!
The image on the top of the box is a Cute Daisy May (Sheet 51). I used the Cute Daisy May Challenge for the week on this project. The challenge was to make words (sentiment) the focal point. Those Daisy May's are so cute, it's kinda hard for anything else to share the spotlight, though. At best, I may have given the sentiment equal billing with the image which is colored with copics.
I barely got this project in under the deadline for the challenge but I was really busy yesterday assembling a little gift for the first day of school for all the staff. I'll post those later so you can see what I was up to. This is going to be a busy week as we get the kiddies tomorrow and school gets into full swing. Hope your week zippy!
Project Recipe
Paper: DCWV Nana's Kitchen Stack, SU Pretty in Pink, PTI Lemon Tart CS, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Cute Daisy May Sheet 51, SU Sincere Salutations (sentiment)
Accessories: copics, cuttlebug, Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities dies, Imaginisce Ring Around the Rosies pink flowers, Prima yellow flowers, Basic Grey glazed brad, buttons and twine, Martha Stewart butterfly punch