Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cattails With Sympathy

It just seems like this has been a summer of losses. One of my former colleagues lost her husband earlier this week. Lindsay told us about a former design team member who was killed in a car accident this week. My great nephew died in an accident earlier this summer. And a long-time friend of the family lost her fight with cancer about a month ago. To top it all off, one of my dear friends and colleague moved away a couple of weeks ago. It just seems like I've had to say a lot of goodbyes lately.
I created this card to send to Cindy whose husband died Sunday night from a heart attack. She and I used to teach at the same high school a few years ago when my boys were still in school. I went to Tuesday Morning Sketches to get my weekly design inspiration, but Melissa changed things up this week. She issued a color challenge. So the sketch is pretty simple and clean (best I can do on my own). I am glad for the color challenge because I don't think I would have picked these colors on my own for this particular card, but I really like how they worked together.
The cattail image, which just looks so serene, is from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. I colored it in with my copics, masked it, and airbrushed the blue background. The background paper is PTI Green Tea Leaves. I used the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment and punched it out with the SU modern label punch and the the movers and shapers modern label die for the mat.
If you haven't been to Lindsay's shop in a few days, you need to head on over. She's added several new images. If you are getting Halloween projects started, you definitely need to see what she's got in the shop and you need to check out the whole design team because one of them has a little Halloween freebie for you and it is super cute. Start at Lindsay's blog so you can be sure to check out the whole list of team members.
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Kraft CS, SU Elegant Eggplant CS, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS, PTI Green Tea Leaves DSP
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Cattails #2, SU Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories: copic markers, copic air brush system, SU Modern Label punch, SU Movers and Shapers Modern Label die, sheer ribbon (unknown), Kaiser pearls (colored with copics)