Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Owl Always Be Your Friend

My dear friend, Jana, had a birthday a couple of weeks ago and this is the cutie patootie I made for her. I totally cased a card made by the very talented Angela Martinez at Scrapbook Gadgets. To cut out my little owl I used my Cricut and the Happily Ever After cartridge. She's embossed with two different Cuttlebug embossing folders--the Herringbone folder on the dark brown part and the Swiss dots on the lighter brown. I used a heart punch to create the "belly".
I was able to use almost the very last of my Stampin Up Bella Rose dsp (retired). Just tiny scraps are left of this beautiful paper. I used my computer to print out the sentiment.
The birthday present that went along with this card was a trip to the big city (Houston) to visit several scrapbook stores including Archivers. We had such a good time! If ya gotta get older, may as well have fun doing it! I hope she enjoyed her birthday as much as I enjoyed it for her.
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Ridinghood Red CS (retired), SU Bella Rose DSP (retired), PTI Very Vanilla CS
Accessories: SU 5-Petal punch, SU Spiral punch, Paper Studio Spare Parts Gemstone flower brads