Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rockin Out

It's official...I'm back at work and boy, can I ever feel it! I'm exhausted and the kids haven't even arrived yet. How will I ever survive next week? It's been a crazy busy week on top of it being a work week. I have had so little time for crafting, but as always, I was inspired by the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches and the Digital Tuesday Challenge which was to make a masculine card. I love being challenged to make masculine cards because I have so many men in my family. I love all the "fru fru" that goes with making cards for the girls and women in my life, but I have to really work to keep things simple when I'm going masculine.
To give this card a masculine feel, I kept the elements simple and pulled more "guy" colors. This patterned paper is some retired SU DSP that gives a funky edge to the card. That fantastic image is from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff and it could so easily be punked out or pinked out for a different look or a more feminine look. Definitely, need this image if you've got teenagers to make cards for because these guitars are "hot" right now! You can get this image for a dollar at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff and you can take advantage of her everyday special and spend $5 in the store and get a free image of your choice. Also, sweet Lindsay is giving away one of her brand new digital images. But you've got to hunt it down with a blog hop to the whole design team. Start here.
I'm off to bed now because mornings suddenly come sooo early these days (only 10 more years until retirement!)!
Project recipe
Paper: SU Autumn Vine DSP (retired), SU Baja Breeze CS (retired), SU More Mustard CS, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Bass Guitar, CC Designs SugarPlum Sentiments (sentiment)
Accessories: cuttlebug, SU Movers and Shapers modern label die, SU Modern Label punch, copic markers, Sakura glitter pen, twine