Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cute Daisy Jumps Rope

I've got to get this post finished. I promised myself a good snack once I complete this (hee, hee, gotta bribe myself). I've been working on this all morning but it feels so good to have the time again to play! My son went back to college (miss him but I was tired of feeding him that's for sure) and my hubby is helping a buddy do some work. Hurray! House all to myself!
Funny how I had the whole summer to work on projects, but I seem to be more creative and motivated now that school has started up again and I'm back at work. I know a big part of that is that crafting is my after work and weekend treat, so it's more special now that I am limited in time.
But part of having limited time is cramming a whole lot into a little time slot! So, to be frugal with my time and participate in some of my favorite challenges, I combined some of them with this project. Digital Tuesday's challenge this week was "Hop To It". Something had to hop or jump. This little cutie from Cute Daisy May was just perrr-fect! And to meet the challenge over at the Cute Daisy May Challenge blog, I had to use blue and green, so I dressed my little girl in blue jeans and a green jacket and mixed in some of my retired SU Baja Breeze DSP and Green Tea DSP. So far, so good! Next up was the Dare U2 DigiStamp Challenge which was as easy as 1,2,3: 1 ribbon, 2 patterned papers, and 3 flowers. I pulled this velvety ribbon out of a scrap jar so I'm not sure anymore where it came from, but I thought it gave it an old-fashioned charm. To continue the old-fashioned look, I sponged the edges of just about everything on here. I gave my prima flowers a little shimmer, too, with some candlelight shimmerz. Then, I added in the Making Memories Wedding brads.
That does it! I think I've earned a tasty treat and then I'll see what else I can cook up (in the craft room, that is).
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Baja Breeze CS (retired), SU Baja Breeze DSP (retired), SU Green Tea DSP (retired), SU Old Olive CS, SU Chocolate Chip CS, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Cute Daisy May Digital Stamp (freebie!)
Accessories: SU 5-Petal flower punch, Carl Craft flower punch, Prima flowers, Making Memories Wedding brads, Candle Light Shimmerz, PTI Chai Distressing Ink, ribbon (unknown), cuttlebug, Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities, copic markers