Monday, May 18, 2009

The Color Purple


Is everyone on a purple kick these days? I've been doing way more purple projects than is normal for me. This project, though, is inspired by two challenges: Lauren Meader's Timeless Template Challenge and the DareU2DigiStamp challenge of the week. Both challenges required the use of purple. Lauren's challenge specifically called for a gift using one of her Timeless Templates, purple, and butterflies. I chose to work with the For Keepsake template to make a cupcake holder for one of my coworkers who had a birthday today.


The DareU2DigiStamp challenge involved using a digital stamp, which I used on the card, and lilac and lemon. I used a free digital image from My Grafico called Vases and Flowers. I colored it in with my copics and added it to the front of the gift card. Badda Bing--two challenges in one!

And, yes, I did use my copic airbrush kit! I wanted flowers for my box that matched my SU Almost Amethyst cardstock, so I took some inexpensive white flowers I got from Walmart and Hobby Lobby and "painted" them the right color. For my next trick...I think I'll try airbrushing on acetate, hmmm!

Project Recipe
Paper: SU Almost Amethyst CS, SU So Saffron CS, SU Tea Party DSP, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS, PTI clear acetate
Stamps: My Grafico Vases and Flowers Digital Stamp, CTMH Playful Flourishes
Accessories: PTI For Keepsake Timeless Template, copic markers, compressor and airbrush kit, flowers, MS butterfly punch, SU Beautiful Butterflies Sizzix Die, Cuttlebug, CB script embossing folder, piercer, MM buttons, twine, SU eyelet border punch, Ranger stickles