Thursday, May 14, 2009

Daffodils in Springtime

I LOOOOOOOOVE my air compressor and copic airbrush kit!!! Okay, this is just a first attempt besides some testing and playing around. I know I need to practice more, but I think this is really going to be fun. It certainly was easy. I printed out my digital image from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff and then colored it in with my copics. Then, I cut out the oval with my cuttlebug and an oval nestabilities die. I applied a mask over my image and with the nestability die still on the cardstock, I airbrushed the background with two different blue copic markers. Leaving the die on the cardstock created the crisp edge to the oval.
And don't ya love the pretty daffodil??? Now is a great time to grab this image for yourself. Lindsay's got a special going on during the whole month of May--spend $5 in her store and you get a FREE digital image of your choice! Visit her store for details and a look at all the zippy images.
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Delicate Dots PP, SU Bashful Blue CS, PTI Kraft CS, GinaK Ivory Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Daffodil 2 digital stamp
Ribbon: PTI Spring rain gingham ribbon
Accessories: copics, airbrush kit with compressor, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Nestabilities die, cuttlebug, cuttlebug embossing folder, yellow button