Sunday, May 17, 2009

Forest Treats for the Kids




As the school year races to a close, I needed to get a lot of these little treat bags finished up. Several of my students have birthdays this month, but I'm also trying to get the summer birthdays their treats before the last day of school. I went into overdrive with my SU Forest Friends set. I wanted to see if I could design several of these using the same basic images and have half of them for the boys and the other half with a more feminine feel for the girls. The basic difference between the two sets is the paper I used. For the boys I used the darker, richer SU Always Artichoke CS, stamped the images on PTI Kraft CS, and pulled out some green prints from Basic Grey's Boxer set. For the girls I used the softer SU Mellow Moss CS, stamped the images on PTI Vintage Cream CS, and pulled out a lighter print from BG Boxer set.
Of course, the embellishments make a difference, too. Did you happen to notice the brown buttons in the top picture? Hey, I didn't have any brown buttons, but I did have some off white buttons, a brown copic marker, and my airbrush kit!! In a few seconds, I had brown buttons....like magic! Wonder what I'll work my "magic" on next! Stay tuned...
Posted by Picasa