Sunday, May 10, 2009

Duo Challenge

I really love combining challenges. I took Lauren's Inspiration challenge and combined it with the Copic Creations challenge. Both challenges steered me to purple! Those of you that have followed my blog at all know I make something called "a cake in a can" for all my colleagues on their birthdays. Well, May is chock full of birthdays, so you'll be seeing a lot of these and I won't have a lot of time left for other types of creations. If you're sick of seeing these, check back in June. I should be through with school by then and ready to move on to other projects.
The paper I used on this can is part of the Scenic Route Sonoma paper. The flowers and colors reminded me of Lauren's Inspiration piece. I also used punches to create the layered paper flower. The image is a digital stamp and it was a free set from My Grafico. The Copic Creations Challenge was to use purple flowers or lilacs.
Okay, now for some BIG news, at least big for me. For Mother's Day, my wonderful hubby and my three sons bought me a small air compressor to use with my Copics for airbrushing!!! I've got the adaptor kit coming from Ellen Hutson's and in a few days I will either be on cloud nine or in frustration hell! Stay tuned to see how this all turns out!
Project Recipe
Paper: Scenic Route Sonoma PP, SU Elegant Eggplant CS, PTI Vintage Cream and Ripe Avocado CS (for paper flower)
Stamps: My Grafico Vases and Flowers Digital Stamp
Ribbon: PTI Ripe Avocado twill
Accessories: copics, Gold Atyou Spica marker, SU 5-Petal Flower Punch, SU Slot punch, MS hydrangea punch, liquid pearls, Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities