Thursday, May 21, 2009

Way to Go, Lady


I've got a high school graduation gift I'm busy putting together. I don't have it all in place yet, but I'm using these gorgeous raspberry fizz papers from PapertreyInk. So, thought I'd take a minute and get the gift card all ready to go. I've been itching to use this Doodle Ladybug from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. I opted not to go with the traditional red and black ladybug and instead decided to incorporate her into my raspberrylicious color scheme. I just pasted this digital stamp into a word document, sized it, printed it out, and colored it in with a couple of coordinating copic markers. Super easy! If you haven't tried digital stamps yet, go see Lindsay's growing collection and grab you some. She's running a special this whole month: spend $5 and get a free digital image of your choice. Five dollars goes a long way in the digital stamp department!

This card started out as part of the SCS sketch challenge, but then I ended up reading a tutorial on the My Favorite Things Forum about ribbon pleating, and I just HAD to try that, too. Besides it gave me a chance to use my second most favorite toy--my Janome Sew Mini (you know my copic airbrush kit is my fave right now!)

Project Recipe
Paper: SU Black CS, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS, PTI Raspberry Fizz CS, PTI Raspberry Fizz Mix PP
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Doodle Ladybug digital stamp
Ribbon: PTI Raspberry Fizz grosgrain
Accessories: Janome sewing machine, copic markers, button (source unknown), white flower (hobby lobby)