Friday, May 29, 2009

Yummy in a Can


I needed one of my birthday cakes in a can to give to a male colleague. I kind of needed it in a hurry, and I wanted to keep it simple since I didn't think this particular coach would get really excited about getting a cake with a bunch of bling and flowers all over it. So I just pulled back my urge to "decorate" and found some soft green paper and a simple sentiment stamp, a few coordinating buttons with twine, and then baked the cake. So simple!
It's hard sometimes to not go all out, but sometimes less is more. I really liked how this turned out in spite of not using every tool in my arsenal. Plus, it is more cost effective.
Project Recipe
Paper: CTMH That's Amore, PTI Rustic White, My Mind's Eye PP
Stamps: SU Yummy
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities die, cuttlebug, buttons, PTI twine