Saturday, May 2, 2009

MyTimess 32--Sketch Challenge


I'm on a cupcake kick, so bear with me! Lauren Meader has a sketch challenge this week and she has issued a bonus challenge of making it a birthday card in honor of her birthday this weekend. Check out the details here.

My son's girlfriend has a birthday Tuesday, so I thought I'd whip her up a cupcake to take to her (okay, so she can't eat this one, but she'll want to, right!). In my last post I used a digital cupcake from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. That one had a cherry on top, this one has sprinkles. Lindsay has two others, so you know what you'll be seeing more of! I have to tout the merits of digital stamps AGAIN because they are just so versatile. With this one, I wanted it a little taller, so I stretched it, not just made it bigger, in Microsoft Word. But to fit the sketch, it needed to be a little longer not any wider. And this was sooooo easy to accomplish with a digital image. Try doing that with rubber and you'll end up really frustrated.

Kate (birthday girl) loves pink, so of course, I pulled out all the pinks I could stomache, but I got this new page kit today and just had to use the fun paper and the little chipboard heart (no more hoarding). I don't know if you can see the embossing in the background mat, but I used my cuttlebug and a Fiskars texture plate to accomplish that.

I hope Lauren and Kate both have wonderful birthdays this week! Sticky icing kisses to you both!!!

Project Recipe

Paper: SU Pretty in Pink CS, Barely Bannana CS, Certainly Celery CS, Chatterbox Happy Day Page Kit PP

Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Digital image Cupcake with Sprinkles, Sentiment SU Big Bold Birthday

Accessories: copic markers, EK Success Swiss Cheese border punch, Fiskars Party Texture Plate, Making Memories In Bloom Blossoms & Buttons felt and paper flowers, Chatterbox Happy Day Page Kit chipboard heart and jewel brad