Friday, October 16, 2009

Who's the Boss


Today was Boss's Day and I have two of the best bosses you could want to work for. They  support our efforts in the classroom, are positive and encouraging, and organized and self-disciplined. Teaching is a tough job, but these two keep our campus running smoothly and efficiently. So, even though I contributed with a monetary donation to the gift fund, I wanted to do something just from me to show my appreciation of their efforts.
Verve has a stamp set titled "All About You" with a stamp that says "Hope today knocks your socks off!" I hope today we did knock the socks off our principal and assistant principal with our show of support and appreciation. But using that sentiment as the focus, I used a template from Lauren Meader and PTI  called Stocking Stuffer to create these cute "socks" for my bosses. The template is free, by the way. I wanted to make them look like men's socks so I used papers with a more masculine feel to it. I created the "socks", filled them with m&m's, and then added the Verve sentiment for encouragement. That makes this project just perfect for the Verve "Encouraging Words Project Parade Challenge". Here's another look at each sock individually.




Project Recipe
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, SU Parisian Breeze DSP (retired), SU Manchester DSP (retired), SU Baja Breeze (retired), PTI Kraft CS, PTI Vintage Cream CS
Stamps: Verve All About You
Accessories: PTI Timeless Template Stocking Stuffer, white gel pen, SU Baja Breeze striped ribbon (retired), PTI Dark Chocolate Satin ribbon, Spellbinders Label Nestabilities die, cuttlebug, Paper Studio brads, twine