Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's Starting To Feel A Lot Like Christmas

Well, I don't know how much it feels like Christmas around here. Temperatures are still in the 80s, but the stamping community is certainly starting to gear up for the holidays! I don't think I'm quite through with Halloween and Fall/Thanksgiving, but I've spent quite a bit of time the last couple of days with some winter projects. Let me share a few of them with you today, but come back Thursday for some more Fall Fun.

This first card includes a FREE digital image from Verve which is only available this week. There's a new release this week and that also means a week of challenges. I've got three done! I printed the mittens and colored them with my copics. I added some Martha Stewart Mica Flake glitter to give the appearance of melting snow (I guess that's what it would look like. We don't have mittens or snow here.) The sentiment is also part of the digi download. I changed the color of the sentiment from black to brown and sponged everything with Close to Cocoa. The small snowflake is a Martha Stewart punch and the large snowflake in the background was cut with my cricut. Everything got some sparkle with stickles.

For this one, I found some retired SU Christmas paper that I had stored away (hoarded away is closer to the truth). I'm glad I found it because so far I just haven't found any Christmas papers that I HAVE to have this year. I printed the sentiment from the Winter Mittens Free Digital stamp at Verve. I changed the color to a red to match my card, added a pretty bow with a button. The sparklies are from Basic Grey.

Do you not just LOVE this little fellow and his birdie friend? This is a free digital image from the very talented Inger Harding. Be sure to check out her blog. I colored him with my copics. I used some more of the retired SU Christmas papers, added a velvety ribbon, a copic-airbrushed flower, and a corderoy brad. The sentiment is from a Verve stamp set titled "All About You" which I stamped with craft ink and then embossed.
It's certainly looking wintery on my blog, anyway.
Project Recipe
Papers: SU Old Olive CS, SU Chocolate Chip CS, PTI Vintage Cream CS, PTI Pure Poppy CS, PTI Ocean Tides CS, SU Holiday Treasures (retired), K&Co. Classic K Baily DSP
Stamps: Verve All About You, Verve Winter Mittens Digi Images, Inger Harding Design Snowman 1 Digi Stamp
Accessories: cuttlebug, Nestabilities dies, SU Old Olive Striped Ribbon, PTI Vintage Cream Grosgrain ribbon,  red velvet ribbon (unknown), Paper Studio Spare Parts Corderoy brad, Prima botanical mix, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Cricut, Accent Essentials cartridge, Basic Grey Bling, stickles, green button (unknown), copics, copic airbrush kit, Martha Stewart Mica Flakes glitter, Zing clear embossing powder, heat tool