Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day: The Conclusion

It's late. I'm tired! It's been a very full day of crafting for me. I didn't get everything done that I had wanted, but there's always tomorrow. Though, I am going to have to fit in some shopping and laundry tomorrow, too. Still, I've managed to complete four challenges in one day and I made a card for my father's birthday which I'll post later in the week. 


Here is the final card for PTI's WCMD challenge. Our final destination is Australia. Nichole challenged us to either do some masking or to use dotted outlines. I chose to ink up a couple of PTI stamps which already included a dotted outline: Star Prints and Vintage Labels. I'm going to need a 3X3 card in the near future, so I decided to use this challenge to create the card ahead of time. Since I was using the Star Prints stamp set, I decided to go ahead and break out one of the newer cuttlebug embossing folders that also has stars and emboss the background paper. I stamped the dotted star image with Versamark ink and then used white Puffs embossing powder and a heat gun. I coated the embossed star with Glossy Accents to give it an epoxy finish. I used a sentiment from the Star Prints set and outlined it with a dotted Vintage Label before running it through the cuttlebug with a Labels One die.
I've got jet lag now from this world tour, so I think I'll clean up the craft room and finish up the evening with a good book. Happy WCMD everyone!
Project Supplies
Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate CS, PTI Melon Berry CS
Stamps: PTI Star Prints, PTI Vintage Labels
Accessories: PTI Melon Berry Bitty Dots Ribbon, PTI Dark Chocolate Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon, Ranger White Puffs Embossing Powder, heat gun, cuttlebug,CB Stars embossing folder, Spellbinders Label One Die, SU Large Star Punch