Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day Part 3


The third challenge at PTI's blog challenge for WCMD was to capture the influence of India. Pattern, deep, rich colors, and jewels are dominant in Indian culture. I had a scrap of this Bo Bunny paper with great rich colors and texture. I put that above an embossed row of damask tiles. I used a swirled piece from Prima's Say It In Crystals as a focal point and added some self-adhesive rhinestones colored with copics to the centers of the embossed damask tiles. Then, I found the perfect sentiment for WCMD in the Verve set All About You. After I punched out the sentiment, I added a couple of small rhinestones to the ends. The shiny stuff doesn't photograph all that well, but I do love the earthy colors and sparkle of this card.  Next up is Australia!
Project Supplies
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Bo Bunny PP, SU More Mustard CS
Stamps: Verve All About You, CTMH Damask Tiles
Accessories: Prima Say It In Crystals, Rhinestone Stickers (Michaels), copic markers, SU Modern Label Punch, Zing Clear embossing powder, heat gun