Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Verve Does Winter


Here's a couple more for the Verve Release Week Challenge. I don't have many Verve stamp sets, but this set Ornamental Christmas was a must-have. I like how I can custom color the ornaments with copics or paper piecing. I stamped this one with craft ink, added embossing powder and then, heat embossed it. After that, I added my color with an R59 copic marker.
Here's another winter card using the Verve Winter Mittens Digital Image set:

I broke out the Polar White Flower Soft for the mitten cuffs. I printed the mitten image out on some shimmery white cardstock and then printed it out again on black and white paper. I punched out a couple of snowflakes from some glittery DCWV paper which I also used for some matting to provide a pretty contrast to the black and white. The sentiment was printed out several times on shimmery white cardstock to create a strip of patterned paper.
Now, cross your fingers that I win some Verve stamps this week!
Project Recipe
(Top Picture)
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream CS, SU Bravo Burgundy CS, Me & My Big Ideas Our Holiday Traditions PP
Stamps: Verve Ornamental Christmas
Accessories: button (unknown), cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Squares dies, PTI Scarlet Jewel ribbon, PTI Vintage Cream satin ribbon, craft ink, Zing embossing powder, heat tool, R59 copic marker
(2nd Picture)

Paper: PTI Shimmery White CS, SU Basic Black CS, DCWV Spring Glitter Mat Stack, PTI Black & White Basics PP
Stamps: Verve Winter Mittens Digital Image Set
Accessories: Sheer white ribbon (unknown), Polar White Flower Soft, Paper Studio brads, Marvy Uchida snowflake punch, Martha Stewart Arched Lattice border punch