Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day

This will probably turn into a weekend holiday as I have several cards I want to make. EVERYBODY who's anybody in the craft industry has something special going on today. Nichole Heady from Papertrey Ink is running several challenges throughout the day today. Check them out here.

First up is a Japanese inspired card. When I think of Japanese art, I am always pulled to haiku (a poetic form) which is structured but simple. I knew immediately when I saw the challenge that I wanted to use PTI's Out On A Limb stamp set. It has an Asian feel to it, so I thought it would be perfect for this challenge. Then, I went on a search for appropriate fall-themed haiku (I haven't tried my hand at writing haiku since elementary). The poem printed out on PTI's Rustic White CS is from the haiku master Koshi Takahama. It reads,
"The winds that blows-
ask them, which leaf on the tree
will be next to go."
Perfect for this fall card. A couple of falling leaves and a simple ribbon knot finish off the structured but simple card.
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Rustic White CS
Stamps: PTI Out on a Limb
Accessories: printer, PTI Orange Zest Saddle Stitched Ribbon