Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fun And Funky Sunrise


I don't generally do "funky" since I don't know how to do it very well, but Lindsay's Stamp Stuff is releasing a new set today called Funky Forest and I thought I would do something in honor of the new set.
The digital tree stamp I used here is my favorite of the trees. You can purchase the tree as an individual stamp, but now it has a whole set of friends to go with it. Be sure to check it out. There's a whole page full of images and sentiments for only $5.
After WCMD, I got kinda tired of making cards. On top of all my WCMD cards, I had to make a couple of male birthday cards, and, well, I just got a little burnt out. So, I decided to make a birthday cookie box for one of my co-workers. I cut the sun out with my Cricut (Accent Essentials) and freehand cut some hills which I embossed with the Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder just for added "funkiness". I printed out the same tree image three times in three different sizes and colored with my copics before cutting them out and popping them up on the hills with foam adhesive. Simple, fun and a little funky!

If you didn't come here from Lindsay's blog, be sure to go over there and see what she's done with the new set....AND.....as always, she has a freebie for you! Also, be sure to check out what the whole design team has been doing. I'm always inspired by what they come up with. I wish they all lived next door so we could get together and work on projects! They are amazingly creative. Lindsay must be rubbing off on us!

Project Recipe
Paper: SU Tempting Turquoise, SU Apricot Appeal, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS, Coredinations Flower Power CS
Stamps: LSS Funky Forest
Accessories: Cricut, Accent Essentials, Cuttlebug, Swirls embossing folder, copic markers, ScorPal