Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Basket to Welcome Baby


One of my co-workers has a new baby girl and I wanted to put together a little something to welcome her. I had decided to use one of Lauren Meader's Timeless Templates to house the gift items. If you haven't tried these templates, then run to Papertrey Ink and check out all of them. There are even a couple of free ones. I bought this little basket template but was kind of afraid to use it because of the weaving involved. That was a real waste of worrying because Lauren makes it so easy even I could do it!
Now, originally I was going to include a traditional stamp and sentiment on the front of this basket, but before I finished putting together the stamped image and matting, I checked the DareU2Digistamp challenge blog and the challenge for this week was to use pink and green! So naturally since I was halfway there anyway, I decided to use a digital stamp so I could link this project to the challenge. I've used this stamp before for a couple of challenges, but I had to use it again because it was just perfect for the occassion especially after adding an appropriate sentiment. You can find this digi image and lots of others at Little Paper Shop. I love how you can reduce or enlarge digital stamps, add sentiments, and print for coloring. For only $1.50, I've really gotten my money's worth and then some from this stamp.

I used the SU Matchbox die to create this little box for some baby hair clips. I raised three boys and hair clips never entered the picture, so I just had to include some in this gift set. I got all giddy picking out the pefect ones. I included one on the box label because it was the perfect embellishment!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Pretty In Pink CS, SU Tea Party PP, GinaK Pure Luxury White CS
Stamps: LPS Baby Chick digi stamp
Ribbon: PTI Spring Moss
Accessories: Dress It UP Button Fun Large Button, Oval Nesties, Threading Water border punch, Copic markers, SU Matchbox Die and Cuttlebug, PTI Timeless Templates Basket Basics, ScorePal