Monday, April 20, 2009

Timeless Template Challenge Part 2

Administrative Professionals Day (sometimes referred to as Secretary's Day) is Wednesday. We have one school secretary, but we also have a couple of other ladies that help out the staff and perform duties similar to those performed by the secretary, so that means I need to have three gifts ready for Secretary's Day. At the moment, I've got one.

Lauren Meader posted a template challenge this weekend, and I decided to use her challenge to help me create this project. We were to use the label of a bath product as inspiration for our gift packaging. Lauren provided a link to Bath and Body Works Bath Lotions which had gorgeous flowery, fruity labels. But I'm a big believer in using up what you've got whenever possible and what I had was some sets of Mary Kay Satin Smoothies hand scrubs, hand lotions, and moisturizers.

The labels as you can tell are pretty plain. So I got my inspiration from

the color and used Lauren's My Timeless Template From the Desk Of for the packaging.


I created some coordinating flowers to add to the packaging with my paper punches. Then, I filled the package with items for any professional's desk: a small silver frame, a couple of pretty pens, a "jazzed up" legal pad, some small flower-shaped note pads, and of course the hand lotions. Hope these ladies know how much the staff appreciates all their hard work!

Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Melon Berry CS, PTI Vintage Cream CS, My Mind's Eye DSP
Ribbon: Sheer Creations (WalMart?)
Accessories: PTI My Timeless Template From the Desk Of, 5 Petal Punch, various flower paper punches, Kaiser Scrapbook rhinestone, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch