Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Forest Friends Birthday Treats

More birthday gifts for a couple of students. I wanted to use the same basic design and Pacific Point cardstock for each, but I was making one for a girl and one for a boy. I hope I was able to give one a masculine feel by distressing the paper and using the darker color combination. The little deer in this set is so cute, but junior high boys aren't crazy about "cute" (unless it's a girl). It's always such a challenge to go masculine. You have to hold back adding all the bling and flowers and you have to be so careful about ribbon. I colored some PTI vanilla twill ribbon with my copic to get a rust-colored ribbon.
My girlie treat bag has the pretty pinks and, of course, flowers to make it oh-so-sweet! Happy Birthday Angelica and Dillon!
I've been using these covered treat bags all year with my students. I got the idea from Julie Buhler. Check out her blog for the directions for this treat bag and a whole lotta fantastic projects and tutorials. She's totally amazing. And I'm sorry, but you'll probably be seeing more of these little treat bags. I've got over a 100 students. I really need to getting busy on the summer birthdays!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Pacific Point CS, SU Really Rust, Pink Pirouette CS, Bella Blooms PP, Autumn Vine PP
Stamps: Forest Friends, On Your Birthday
Ribbon: PTI ribbon
Accessories: Fiskars Border Punches--Upper Crest, Scallop, Apron Lace, Imaginisce Ring Around the Rosies, Paper Studio brads, Word Window punch, Wide Oval punch