Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blooming Birthday


I put aside the Copics and picked up the ole watercolor wonder crayons and my blender pens to create this fence post full of blooms. It's been a while since I've used any watercolors. Don't know that I'm feeling all that great about my watercoloring skills these days, but it could be that I've just gotten used to using my copics. I stamped this image with a versamark pad and embossed with gold embossing powder. Something made this a difficult project to photograph and I'm wondering if it isn't the shiny gold embossing.
My PapertreyInk order arrived today, so I had to incorporate this beautiful paper into the project. This will make its way to my mother-in-law tomorrow and hopefully it will arrive in time for her birthday. Happy Birthday, Abi!
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Lavendar Moon and Ripe Avacado CS, PTI Friends Till the End PP, watercolor paper
Stamps: The Stampin Place Morning Glories. Make an Impression sentiment stamp
Ribbon: PTI Plum Pudding satin ribbon
Accessories: SU Wonder Crayons, blender pens, versamark ink, gold embossing powder, embossing gun